Review: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant

Hi everyone! I am currently away at a Christian conference. I won't be back until the 11th,, so until then, here is a post I wrote in advance :) Or rather, a post that I finished a while ago but forgot about :P

*Disclaimer: this product was purchased with my own money*


Product name: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant
Price: about $7 at Ulta



Packaging: I bought this concealer pen mainly because the packaging reminded me of YSL's Touche Eclat Radiant Touch. I have never tried a concealer pen before and thought it was really interesting. One thing I do dislike is that you have to twist the end several times (maybe around 10) for the concealer to come out; I think a click pen would be better.


Thoughts: It's very..pink. MUCH pinker than I thought it would be. In fact, in the tube it looked like it had yellow undertones. No matter. After blending it out the area under my eyes was significantly brighter. In fact, my mom saw me later and said that my dark circles appeared much  lighter!I really like how light the concealer is and the packaging makes the concealer pretty fun to use. Better yet it makes it more sanitary and gives the perfect amount of product.

Overall: I give this concealer a 8.5/10. I might purchase this product again, but perhaps in a different color. Radiant is lovely but it has pink undertones whereas my skin has yellow undertones. It's not a big deal though because after blending it out it looks fine. Better than fine, actually- almost great. Perhaps I'll buy this in Radiant AND in a different color, just to compare the two and see how they look on my skintone. I'm not sure if I would want to wear this concealer by itself as its light consistency would require you to layer it on in order to fully cover any dark circles, but I love pairing it with other concealers as it definitely makes me look more awake.

1 comment

  1. I've heard a lot about this concealer! I might try it in a yellow undertoned shade too since I have yellow undertones. Thanks for the review!

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete