Greenmax Yam and Mixed Cereal Review

Ahh I finally have some time to sit down and blog! Man, college life is so busy T~T I don't know how other bloggers balance blogging and school/work...

Prior to starting my freshman year in college (wayyy back in August 2012), my mom made sure that I had plenty of healthy snacks and drinks. She bought me this bag of cereal mix that I was never really interested in trying, as I opted to go down to the dining hall and eat breakfast there. 

But as I stated in my last post, I have been trying to eat healthier...and the dining hall is not helping! Breakfast tends to be really greasy and heavy (powdered eggs, bacon, sausage patties, hash browns, etc.) to the point in which my plate is super shiny from all the grease! I started to choose to eat yogurt, or fruit instead. However, within the past few week, I started to crave something different. I rummaged through my food bin (I have a giant storage bin full of food hehe) and found a bag of Greenmax Yam and Mixed Cereal! And so I wanted to share a quick review of this :) 


First of all, one giant bag contains 13 little individual packs, so it's very convenient. I forgot to take a picture of the packets though -_-



Then, boil some water (I randomly estimate it, but the packaging says to add about 1 cup of water)! My mom bought me a this "Multi-Pot" from H-Mart. It works really well and boils the water super fast. 



This is the cup I use :) I love this cup to death...it's from Anthropologie (one of my favorite stores...too bad it's so expensive!), it has a really cute floral design, it has a "J" on it, and it was only $4. Some of you may recognize it as I shared a picture of it a long time ago. 



So after the water has boiled, pour the contents of a packet into the cup. 



Stir, let it stand for 3 minutes, and then enjoy :) 

So as you can tell, it's super easy to make! It tastes really good and most importantly, it's good for your health as well. It also contains the perfect amount of sugar so it's not overwhelmingly sweet.



See those seeds? This cereal mix contains pumpkin seeds, black sesame, white sesame, wheat, rye, and oat. It also contains black bean, black rice, black jujube, mung bean, black glutinous rice, yam, green tea, and crystal sugar! 

Some of the benefits as listed on the packaging include: 100% natural ingredients, 6 black diet ingredients (I have on idea what a black diet is ._."), no preservatives, sweet taste, no artificial colorants, no artificial flavors, high in dietary fiber and calcium, vitamins and minerals, rich in Vitamin A, B1 and C, contains Vitamin B2, E, and Iron. 

I sound like those people on infomercials, but I promise I have not been asked to write this review or anything like that (in any case, I'm not a super popular blogger so I doubt I will ever be contacted/sponsored to do something like that LOL)! I just really really like this cereal mix to the point in which I wanted to share with you guys :)

I'm not sure how it costs or where my mom bought it from (I assume H-Mart though!) but I highly recommend this Greenmax Yam and Mixed Cereal drink :) Let me know if you have ever tried it before or are planning to!



1 comment

  1. Thank you for writing about this. I have had a large quantity of it given to me and I wasn't sure about it. Now I think I'm going to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete