eos Lemon Drop Lip Balm Review

 As I mentioned in my Ulta post, I bought this eos Lip Balm...some of my friends have it and seem to all really like it, so I decided that it was time for me to try it out for myself and see if I like it!

Source


Product Name: eos Lemon Drop Lip Balm with SPF 15

Price: $2.99 (I bought it from Ulta)
What It Claims: "Show your lips the light. Pamper your lips while you protect them from the sun with this SPF 15 lip balm that’s naturally flavored and PABA free...Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth."



Ingredients: Active ingredients Octinoxate 7.5%, Oxybenzone 3.0%.
Inactive ingredients Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D¿abeille), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Natural Flavor, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Citral1, Geraniol1, Limonene1, Linalool1. 1Component of Natural Flavor. *Organic. Patent Pending.



Packaging: The one that I bought from Ulta was simply encased in plastic; however, I have seen pictures in which it comes in the cardboard/plastic packaging. The packaging of the actual product is so cute! It's a plastic egg :D One side of the "egg" is dented so that it allow for an easier grip on the lip balm...you just twist off the top and apply it on your lips.


Contents: The lip balm itself is like a sphere, so the top of it is rounded.
How to use it: According to the packaging, "Twist off top. Pucker up. Smooth on. Smile" :) Too cute.

Source


Pros:
1. Super cute packaging: ohmygoodnessgracious the egg shape of the lip balm is ridiculous awesome. It's super cute and whenever I use it, strangers come up to me to ask me what it is because of the shape! Haha :)
2. Easy to use: I think this applies to all lip balms haha, but it doesn't get any simpler than twisting off the top and applying it....yup.
3. Smells sooo good: It really does smell like lemons! In fact, I have to say it smells exactly like lemon poppy seed scones.
4. Contains spf 15: Especially since it's summertime, it is vital to use products with spf to protect your skin!
5. Yes, it actually works: Before I go to sleep each night I apply this lip balm. Whereas in the past I woke up with somewhat dry lips, I now always wake up to hydrated ones. 

Cons:
1. A little bulky: While the packaging is adorable, it is not exactly convenient. Personally, I prefer carrying my wristlet when I got out instead of my purse. Therefore the lip balm won't fit in my wristlet...and believe me when I say I tried xD
2. May not work on really chapped lips: This lip balm does smooth out lips if they are a little chapped, but I think if it's fairly chapped it would not work. I've tried it once on only somewhat chapped lips and it ended up making it worse. Boo!

Overall: I give it a 9.5/10. I really love the packaging and the smell of the lip balm. It's beyond cute. And most importantly, it works! I have to admit, when I first bought it I was skeptical- I wasn't sure if it would actually moisturize my lips. I soon found out that it did! However, I had to take .5 off for the fact that it doesn't work on chapped lips :(  Regardless, I definitely recommend buying this if you are looking for a fun, scented lip balm. Also, be sure to check out the other flavors/colors...I want to collect them all haha :)

Have you tried this before? What did you think of it?

2 comments

  1. I love this too! Yes, well except for the bulky packaging which is cute but more so a con. But the smell is SO lovely isn't it?! I really want to get my hands on sweet mint(?) the green one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one too! Mines the red one, I can't really remember what flavor it is though lol but I agree that it sucks that it doesn't work too well on chapped lips, which is what I have most of the time ><!

    ReplyDelete