Floral Peter Pan Dress Review

A few months ago (hence making this a wayyy outdated post...) I made my first online purchase at forever21.com! I  wanted this floral dress but didn't want to pay the shipping fee. A week or so later, however, Forever 21 suddenly offered free shipping on basically all of the dresses online. With my mom's permission, I bought the dress. Here is a quick review of it:

Name: Floral Peter Pan Dress
Purchased from: www.forever21.com
Price: $19.80
Stock photo:



My photos:





I would say the stock photo is fairly accurate. The color is exactly how I thought it would be. It is perhaps, as an afterthought, a slight shade darker but ultimately not that different. It looks darker in the photos but I think that's just the lighting. The material is good; it is made of 100% cotton and definitely does not feel or look cheap. It's not too short me; the site says it is 33" long. I am 5'6" and it comes to a little above my knees. I love the peter pan collar, it's actually why I bought the dress in the first place. The dress is incredibly cute and perfect for the summertime~! I added a belt because without one, it looks kind of weird ._.

But..........I had to return it :(

As much as I wanted to keep it, there were two "flaws" that I could not ignore. First of all, the neckline and the armholes were too wide for me. I am really skinny, so I guess it's not a sizing flaw, rather, the dress wasn't suited for me. However, as you can see in the photo below, there was an issue with the neckline (again). It's folded over and I cannot for the life of me fix that problem. I even put a ton of heavy hardcover textbooks on top of it so that it'll flatten out. Nope. I couldn't iron it either, because there's a sort of lining (like a wire...except not...haha) there that makes it impossible. In the photo above, it doesn't look like there is a problem-I assure you that is because of the angle the photo was taken. It's super noticeable in reality :( So in the end, both my mom and I concluded that it was best to return the dress, much to my disappointment :( :( :(



Overall, I give it a 8/10. Despite the flaws, the dress is really cute and I desperately wish it fitted me better. I encourage anyone who is interested in the dress to buy it, but beware of the evil neckline! >:(

1 comment

  1. Too bad it didn't work out.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete