Volunteering, Lunch, Shopping, and OOTD

Today I went and volunteered at a local elementary school for a club that I am in. We visit the same class of third graders every week and they are absolutely adorable. Today we talked about local farmers markets and fresh fruits and vegetables. We then gave each student Chobani blueberry/peach yogurt and let the students choose whether or not they wanted to add in fresh blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. I didn't realize how much kids liked blueberries until today -_-" I was the one in charge of blueberries and so I witnessed first hand how much they love blueberries haha.

After that I went to lunch. I avoided the super delicious but super high in calories stir fry and stuck with pasta. I also made a simple salad (mixed greens, carrots, tofu, and Italian dressing) and got a bowl of grapes/blackberries. The drink looks like juice but it's fruit infused water. It doesn't taste like fruit though lol it tastes like plain old water.

Free sandwich!

Yummm
Then my roommate and I went to the mall. It's a bit of a hassle to get to the nearby mall; the bus ride alone takes about 30-45 minutes. However, my roomie wanted to get a birthday present for her sister and I needed to do some shopping before I fly off to Taiwan. On our way to the bus a guy from Jimmy John's was handing out free sandwiches for a promotion or something. I chose the vegetarian sub. It was actually pretty good! I thought that it was just going to be a sandwich filled with lettuce and cucumbers but there were also tomatoes and really good cheese.


I ended up buying only two things, which I will reveal later. The mall near my school doesn't have a lot of my favorite stores, hence why I only bought two things. I had a fun time checking out this unique and indie store; it reminds me of Urban Outfitters.

"I mustache you a question but I'll shave it for later!"
They had a whole section dedicated to mustache-related things hehe.

Stranded = sad face
After my roomie and I finished shopping we went to wait for the bus. However, we were unsure of which bus to take and ultimately ended up waiting over 30 minutes for the bus to come -______-"

Shirt: H&M / Jeans: Indigo Rein / Boots: DSW 
Here's my OOTD. It's nothing special though :P I really liked the Forever 21 blue plaid dress seen in the picture but it's really sheer so I didn't think it was worth $25 :/

Have a nice day~!

Post a Comment