My Version of a Chipotle Burrito Bowl

It rained all day today. I only left my room to meet up with my friend for lunch and for my psychology lecture, where the professor talked about what it means to be physically attractive for an hour and a half -_-"


Every Thursday I make my own version of Chipotle's burrito bowl! My dining hall doesn't offer many options so I have to head over to a different dining hall if I want to eat something that I actually like hehe.

There's a station where you can get a bowl of lettuce, tomatoes, and diced pieces of grilled chicken. It's not exactly a salad bar because they offer other food like shrimp...according to the website this particular station is supposed to feature Asian/Mediterranean/South American/African cuisine, which I personally don't get haha.

Anyway, then I go over to the salad bar and add carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers, and tofu (which sounds super gross to most of my friends, but tofu is really healthy!). Then I go over to a separate station to add sour cream and rice. I usually add basmati rice but today I looked over and the other option, this lentil rice pilaf thing, has 100 fewer calories than the basmati rice, so I decided to try and be more healthy by choosing that over basmati rice.

...On second thought adding sour cream probably wasn't a healthy choice, but it definitely made the entire burrito bowl tasted a lot better than it would have if it didn't have sour cream! :P


Post a Comment