New Year, New Me

One of my 2013 resolutions is to be a healthier person. I have fast metabolism and so I never worried too much abut what I ate. However, that meant that I ate a lot of junk food and rarely exercised.

But this year, I'm going to try my best to eat healthier and to exercise more. I'm waking up at 8:30 tomorrow morning to go to the gym (even though my class doesn't start until 2 pm...I want to sleep in but I know I need to start working out haha). Also, I have cut out most processed food out of my daily diet. I'm a huge snacker, so it's actually pretty hard for me to not eat chips anymore :( Instead, I have a lot of dried fruit and nuts to choose from.

(The following pictures are all from my iPhone. I was too lazy to take out my DSLR :P )


Dried apple rings, dried mango, dried green mango, dried wild blueberries, candied ginger, and dried coconut strips! I actually really like the coconut strips, despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of coconut. I haven't tried the dried wild blueberries yet but I hope they taste good...they were so expensive T_T Everything pictured above was purchased at Trader Joe's.


These are so so good. My mom usually buys the actual pomegranate fruit, but it was easier and safer to buy these packaged cup things as I was afraid the pomegranate fruit would get squished on the travel from my house to my dorm room.


These are chocolate-oatmeal-walnut cookies that my Mom and I made before school started. We reduced the amount of sugar by half and mixed in 60% cacoa chocolate chips with semi sweet chocolate chips.

I've also been trying to drink more water and get more sleep. I've been getting about 7-8 hours of sleep each night, which is rare but ultimately great for my health :)

Here's to hoping that I'll continue to eat healthy food and exercise!

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a great new years resolution! Omg I used to loooove potato chips, ketchup was my favorite and I would eat the large family sized bags in one sitting, it was so bad! I finally cut chips out of my diet last year and am so happy I did! Those dried fruits look nommy~ Keep up the good work and hopefully it will turn into a life time thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait...ketchup flavored potato chips?! :O I have never tried them before, but they sound really interesting!

      Delete