Japan Day 1 and 2

I' nthinking of just throwing a bunch of pictures together for my Taiwan posts because I don't remember anything anymore haha. So while I still remember some of the things I did in Japan, here is a brief outline of what I did!

June 19: Arrival
-waited at the Narita Airport for two hours until my aunt and my uncle came to pick me up
-went directly to a large mall, where we ate sashimi. Left my phone and camera in the car so no pictures :(
-Bought some green tea Kit Kats and curry at a small grocery store. Also went to Daiso, where I bought a few things (mainly stationary; will be revealed soon)


-Went to another grocery store and picked up some aloe vera yogurt



Source

-Bought some donuts at Mister Donut. I picked out a calpis flavored donut :O I forgot to take a picture, hence the stock photo. I got the blue star one.


-Went back to their house, where I then ate some fruit and a donut. Note: yellow kiwis are freaking amazing!

June 20: Ghibli Museum
-Drove for about an hour to visit my aunt's friend. Ate two donuts on the way there




-Didn't realize my aunt's friend was going to prepare a huge breakfast for us to eat. Even though I was already full from eating two donuts (I usually eat one...), I couldn't NOT eat the food that she got up at 5 am to make T_T It was really good but I definitely ate wayyy too much. In addition to the Japanese soup thing, a thick slice of toast, a giant piece of chiffon cake, and an apple tart, she also made me a cup of coffee; she roasts the coffee beans herself and sells them to other people. The coffee was so freaking amazing. I'm not a coffee person at all (I love matcha green tea to death) but I honestly could not stop drinking the coffee that she made. It was the first time I was able to drink black coffee without cringing :O


















:)




-My aunt then went to work while my aunt's friend and I headed off to the Ghibli Museum~!

Side note: Honestly, the Ghibli Museum was freaking amazing. Photography isn't allowed inside the museum, but trust me- if you ever find yourself in Japan, make sure you go to the Ghibli Museum. It was an unbelievable experience  and I plan on going to the Ghibli Museum every single time I travel to Japan. My love for Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki grew a thousand time stronger, which I didn't think was possible since I was already a Ghibli fanatic prior to visiting the Ghibli Museum. I spent about an hour and a half exploring the museum (it's sort of small so an hour and a half was more than enough time) and taking pictures outside, and then about half an hour looking through the gift shop. I'll reveal my purchases in a separate post.








-Went to eat a mini lunch at a cafe near the Ghibli Museum; I ordered a cup of coffee and a quiche while my aunt's friend ordered a cup of coffee and toast
-Then we headed off to a large mall. We went to a few different stores but didn't buy anything



So good...wish I used my DSLR instead of my iPhone to capture its utter perfection
This cappuccino was surprisingly really really good
-Stopped by a crepe/ice cream store inside the mall. I ordered a cup of cappuccino and the most amazing crepe in the world! It was filled with sliced bananas, whipped cream, drizzled chocolate sauce, and matcha green tea ice cream ^^ My aunt's friend also had her very fist crepe and loved it to death haha. We stayed in the store for a while and just talked
-Then we went to a different department store/mall and walked around some more

Beard Papa!!!


-On our way out off the station my aunt's friend stopped by Beard Papa's and bought me some delicious cream puffs
-As we waited for my aunt to pick us up, we went to a grocery store and my aunt's friend bought a few groceries
-My aunt dropped off her friend at her house and then we went back home

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this! Thank you for being so patient and putting up with my late posts :) And I promise, the giveaway post will be up soon!

3 comments

  1. Aww thanks for sharing this post! I'm planning to go to Japan soon and now totally looking forward to the Ghibli museum. Also love all your food pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment! I hope you have tons of fun in Japan :)

      Delete
  2. mm I'm so hungry now >W<
    I love that Greenmax stuff!!! I miss it so much :)
    Wanna follow each other on bloglovin'?
    I followed you on bloglovin' already. Check out my blog:

    http://myetherealm.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete