Taiwan: Day 4

My grandma, 1st uncle, and I got up at 4 am to pack for our trip to Hua Lian. We got into the taxi at 5 and arrived at the train station at 5:15. Since my uncle apparently overestimates everything, we had to sit there and wait for about an hour. Since we all didn't eat breakfast, my uncle went to 7-11 and bought some Taiwanese bread. Unfortunately I was so focused on eating that I forgot to take pictures >:(
Inside the train
My grandma (whom I call 姥姥) and me
We then boarded the train at 6:20 and arrived in Hua Lian at 8:20. As soon as we picked up the rental car, we headed to our hotel/log cabin. It was honestly pretty crappy. The owner is really friendly and all but the room was apparently really expensive, there were mosquitoes everywhere, and when we first entered the room I discovered a million ants, moths, and freaking weird/massive bugs. I freaked out and didn't want to touch anything. I ended up sleeping in my jeans, spcks, a long sleeve shirt, and my baseball cap haha.
Huge group of stray (?) dogs seen by the beach

After stopping by the hotel we went out to the beach. My grandma and I sat on a beach right by the beach for a long time. there was a light cool breeze and so it felt so good to just sit back and enjoy the weather/view. Plus there was group of little kids playing football with a soccer ball; I actually really like to watch football and these kids were intense, so it was pretty amusing to watch them play.
Sour plum juice
Sashimi :D

Clams

Lobster miso soup

Fried oysters...so good! I ate 10 D:

Chow mein
Lobster
Fish
Taiwanese wild greens
View from our table
My uncle then took us out to lunch. The food was INSANELY good. I'm sure I gained 5 pounds just from that one meal haha.
Taiwanese grilled corn
We then traveled all around Hua Lian to visit various scenic places. It was really tiring and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure why we went to so many places in one day. Not only did a lot of the tourist sites we went to look similar to each other, but it also must have been really tiring for my grandma to walk for so long.
That night my grandma and my 1st uncle bought a bunch of different food from a local night market. I didn't eat any since I was feeling sick from eating so much food during lunch. I ended up eating just one bite of Taiwanese grilled corn, 2 pieces of papaya, 2 pieces of guava, and 1 pieces of watermelon.

I then fell asleep at 9 pm. It was hands down one of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had. I didn't get any sleep because the bed was uncomfortable, it was hot/humid despite the fact that we turned on the air conditioner, I was scared to death of bugs eating me alive, and lastly my grandma snores :P

2 comments

  1. Ah, it's not a good idea to read blog updates straight after school without food. I hope you're having fun in Taiwan! I went there maybe 6 years ago so I vaguely remember anything.

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I am having tons of fun, thanks! If you can you should definitely come visit Taiwan again. The food is still really cheap and delicious; plus there is of course the amazing shopping deals you can get at Wu Fen Pu and night markets :P

      Delete