OOTD

I received my first (and certainly not last) pair of combat boots when I was in high school. I was actually afraid of wearing them to school because they were so different from what I usually wore (my daily outfit back then consisted of Uggs or flip flops, skinny jeans, and a tshirt). I think I only wore them out 2 or 3 times; that's how scared I was of deviating from my "typical style". I thought the combat boots were too hardcore haha. Looking back, that was silly of me; I was so afraid of being judged/criticized that I didn't wear what I wanted to wear!

Now it's a completely story. I'll wear an all-black outfit one day (think black skinny jeans, a black band tshirt, combat boots and tons of rings) and then wear a pink and white summer dress with white sandals the very next day. I don't have a definite style. I simply wear what I want to wear! :)
Top: Forever 21 / Jeans: Forever 21 / Boots: DSW / Bracelet: Forever 21

Right now it is 70 degrees outside! Since it's supposed to rain later on in the day, I decided to wear my pair of skinny cargo jeans because I absolutely detest wearing shorts out in the rain.

Actually, I don't like it when it rains, period. The only good thing about the rain is that I get to use my super obnoxious neon green umbrella >:P

Anyway, have you ever hesitated to wear something because it isn't something that you usually wear? How did you overcome that "fear"...? Let me know by leaving a comment below; I would love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments

  1. cute arrow bangle c: i was thinking of getting combat boots but everyone at my school has them so i was like nah. besides, it's spring time and i'll probably be wearing sandals more often ^^

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird :O Back in high school girls usually wore Uggs or riding boots, and that's all I see in college haha. I totally agree though, I can't wait to start wearing my sandals! I actually am planning on buying a few more pairs lol.

      Delete