Lunch at Red Chopsticks


*Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the restaurant mentioned in this post; the food was paid for with my own money (or rather my mom's money kekeke)*

A Chinese restaurant opened up in the Aurora/Naperville area. My mom and I happened to be in that area today, and so after running some errands, we decided to go to Red Chopsticks for lunch.

I forgot to take a picture of the decor/interior of the restaurant (I was all too focused on the food haha) but it was very chic. The hostess was friendly, as was our server. Despite the fact that there was only one server there during lunch time (we later found out that there were supposed to be two other servers but for whatever reason they weren't there, so one of the managers actually had to step in as the server for the day), the service was good.

We ordered off of the "traditional menu", which I believe lists more authentic Chinese food when compared to the  regular English menu. If you can't read Chinese, I still encourage you to ask for the traditional menu because it actually has both the Chinese and English names for the dishes. 



We ordered 3 dishes. This dish contained beef and leeks. It was really good! I usually don't like to eat beef but the beef in this dish was very tender. It was a tad too sweet for me but then again I have an extremely bland palate.



This was a dish with pork...I don't remember what this dish was called haha. It was listed on the menu as spicy, but since I can't tolerate spicy food, we asked for the spiciness to be reduced. The chef did a good job and it ended up being the perfect of spiciness. On its own, it was a little salty, but it tastes so good with rice.



This was the Salt and Pepper Shrimp and I highly recommend it! I have been to a billion Chinese restaurants and ordered Salt and Pepper Shrimp many times, but this was by far the best one I've ever had. When this dish arrived, the shrimp was nice and hot and super crispy. The amount of salt, pepper, garlic, and whatever else they put in it was perfect; the flavor was amazing! Unlike the other Chinese restaurants I've been to, the shrimp would start losing its crispiness as soon as it got to my table. At Red Chopsticks, the shrimp stayed crispy throughout our entire meal! My mom also agreed that this was the best Salt and Pepper Shrimp she ever had and the next time we come here, we will for sure order this dish again. 

Overall, both my mom and I liked the food and the prices were reasonable. We'll definitely come back here for lunch again :)

Post a Comment