Lunch at Kobe Hibachi Sushi Buffet

I had a doctor appointment today and happened to be in the area where Kobe Hibachi Sushi Buffet is located. A few of my friends have been there before and told me that it was pretty good; even then I never bothered to check it out because I didn't feel like making the drive all the way to the buffet. But since I was in the area today, my mother and I went there for lunch.



This is the first plate that I got. As you can tell, I headed straight for the sushi section. They have a lot of different types of sushi to choose from, and the sushi was pretty good!



It was my first time seeing a cucumber sushi roll that looks like this hehe.



This is my second plate. I was getting pretty full from the sushi from the first plate and ended up not getting that much "hot" food. The coconut shrimp and mushrooms with oyster sauce was okay...it wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad either. I wasn't a fan of the chicken feet (too bland for my taste), or the "fried tofu" (it wasn't crispy because of the sauce, which made it really chewy). My two clams had sand in them, but my mom got 5-8 clams and they were perfectly fine. In any case, the steamed fish (flounder?), though, was really good. My mom got 3 giant pieces to eat!



Close up of this crispy sushi thing that I got.



Dessert! :D Sadly not all of them tasted as good as they looked. I don't know what the middle pastry thing is called (the one with the chocolate stripes), but my mom and I didn't like it. The kiwi was surprisingly good.



Close up of the pastry thing. Although it didn't taste good, it looks like it does!



The cream puff was okay. The cream itself wasn't overly sweet, which was good. However, the outer shell wasn't crispy like I thought it would be; it ended up being too soft and chewy :(



This thing...SO GOOD. It's a bun filled with sweet red beans. They had a small dim sum area and this bun was found there. I didn't get a picture of it, but my mom got this sweet coconut mochi-like thing from the dim sum area. It was so good but by the time she gave me part of hers to try, I was too full to get one for myself....



...because I ate four more of those red bean buns lolol.

Overall, I thought that for the price ($10 for lunch), the Kobe hibachi Sushi Buffet worth checking out. They offer a variety of food. Although not every single item was delicious, there were still certainly a few food items that will make me consider going back here for lunch or dinner in the near future.

Alright, time to take a nap. Food coma~! D:

2 comments

  1. The food looks really good, too bad most of it doesn't taste as good as it looks, but for $10 I probably wouldn't complain :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're right! It was a pretty good deal and my mom and I ended up being so full that we didn't even eat dinner that night :P

      Delete