Taiwan: Day 2

Shao bing you tiao
Dou jiang
Bao zi
Luo buo gao


Making delicious food
On the morning of Day 2, I woke up early to eat breakfast with my grandma and 1st uncle, who picked my grandma and I up from my 2nd aunt's house. I had a bowl of hot dou jiang (sweet soybean milk), shao bing you tiao (roasted flatbread with pieces of fried cruller inside), luo buo gao (turnip cake) and bao zi (buns). We then went back to my grandma's place and chilled for a little bit.

My uncle then dropped me and my grandma off at the MRT station where we met up with my 2nd aunt. We traveled for about 15 minutes to get to the Taipei Underground Mall. I highly recommend it! The shoes and clothes there are super cheap. I also found it to be way less overwhelming than Wu Fen Pu so it was easier to sort through all the racks of clothes and shoes. I still didn't buy a lot of things because I know I'll spend a ton of money in Taichung :P I'll reveal my purchases from Wu Fen Pu and the Taipei Underground Mall in a late post.

The interior is so pretty

Beverages

Delicious desserts



Sweet plum juice
Inside was corn soup


Fruit 

Fondue station








Hong Kong milk tea. SO good.



After I finished shopping, we went a couple of floors up to eat lunch at this really high class buffet. I didn't take pictures of every single thing I ate; trust me, I ate a lot haha. I highly recommend this plate. The price per person (500 NT/$16 NT) is considered expensive in Taiwan but from an American point of view I think it's ridiculously cheap for the amount and quality of food you can get. I recommend getting here early though. We got to the restaurant about 30 minutes before it opened and were second in line. however, within 5 minutes, a huge line started to form behind us!

Everything was exceptionally good. Honestly, the quality of the food blew my mind. Thee sashimi was delicious and they even had all-you-can-eat Haagen-Dazs ice cream!

After lunch we went back to my grandma's place. I didn't eat dinner since I ate so much for lunch, and then fell asleep at 8:30 pm.

2 comments

  1. omg all the food and desserts look soooo yummy! i hope taiwan is fun so far ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Taiwan is tons of fun! I never want to leave haha :P

      Delete