Birthday Cupcakes

Today is my mom's birthday! I went home this past weekend so I could celebrate her birthday with the rest of the family.
One of the few things I wanted to do to celebrate her birthday was to make a few special cupcakes for her. It ended up taking way longer than I thought (I spent about 5 hours in the kitchen haha! But this includes prep time as well as baking time and cleaning all the equipment). They turned out pretty well!


I made dark chocolate cupcakes with triple salted buttercream (I used Sprinkle Bake's recipe), cookies and creme whipped cream (didn't use a recipe for this haha just threw a bunch of ingredients together!), and chocolate whipped cream (I used Eki's recipe). I topped the triple salted buttercream with a homemade caramel sauce and topped the chocolate whipped cream cupcakes with a piece of dark chocolate.

The buttercream didn't come out that well. It was a little too thick and still very sweet. Everyone's favorite was the cupcake with the chocolate whipped cream. It wasn't too sweet and tasted so good :)

I want to invest in a proper piping bag. I used a ziploc plastic baggie, but there was a minor issue with the thickness.

In any case, I would love to know what your favorite topping for cupcakes is, so please leave a comment below! I would love to try making new toppings :)

2 comments

  1. I don't really have a fav. topping. Though I do like lemon icing, chocolate icing and strawberry flavoured icing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am late, but happy mum s birthday :)
    I am hungry now :D

    <3

    Would you like follow each other?:)

    http://thecasualprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete